Saturday, October 30, 2010

Road Trip - Day 2


On the road again ... driving through Pennsylvania.  Another nice day.  I don't think I realized just how BIG Pennsylvania is ... lots of open country and farmland.



Driving through Pennsylvania country side - Pennsylvania is a very large state!


Collecting photos of red barns - many more to come!


Roads were great in PA, but we did see lots of trucks and some road construction


Crossing the Mason-Dixon Line:  from Pennsylvania into Maryland


As if this year hasn't been confusing enough - I take a short nap, wake up, and find we're just a mile from Scotland!!!

Country roads, Take me home, to the place I belong...West Virginia, Mountain Momma, Take me home, Country Roads



West Virginia has a better Welcome sign than Virginia!


This is for Chrisie ... First time ever  - Lou opted for Taco Bell for lunch !!!???!!!





Passing right through Woodstock.  Oops, not THE Woodstock - that one would be in New York...







Arriving into Lexington, Virginia for the evening - forgot this is the home of Virginia Military Institute. A very quiet night in town, especially since it's almost Halloween. 

Now - this is different.  Staying at the Hampton Inn - Lexington.
That's it for the day ... another easy travel day. Had a nice dinner in town at a Tapas restaurant.  We'll head out tomorrow at 8am for another 400 miles or so. Hope to get some better views of the Shenandoah Mountains - it was quite hazy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment