Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day Eight - City Marina, Charleston SC

Today was a "no boating" day. We started off by having our coffee on the aft deck and watching some of the boats head out -









Lou and I had a nice day out - Mike and Barb picked us up and took us to Kiaweh Island for a wonderful lunch. Mike and Jayne headed into Charleston to see the sights.


We arrived at the Sanctuary Hotel / Resort at Kiaweh just in time for the wedding:





Mike treated us to lunch at the wonderful Ocean Club Golf Course restaurant - some snaps from the day.

















We then took a nice drive around the Island. If you've ever driven with Merville, you'll understand this pic -





Back to the boat for a nap and then laundry. Another good day.

4 comments:

  1. Have a happy Mothers' Day tomorrow, Sharon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mothers Day - to Sharon and keep Lou headed on the straight and
    narrow in spite of those close quarters....was nice to see you guys. We were
    blessed with great weather yesterday and found a pretty nice setting for lunch.
    Kiawah is our favorite place on the Atlantic, hope you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've been on that same road with Mike driving......

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol - just saw Steve's comment! I'm sure you know exactly what I meant (although he was pretty tame since Barb was there to keep him in control :) )

    ReplyDelete