We've decided I shouldn't take any more photos after having an "OMG" Martini for dessert.
Now to Day 5 - woke up to another beautiful calm morning
The morning started out a bit overcast, but we had lots of beautiful marshlands along the way
Lou's looking for the next marker (or maybe another Hot Dog Boat). Either it's windy up there, or he's using way too much hair gel
Jayne caught a catnap on the bridge
All of a sudden, we looked up, and saw this coming at us ...
We survived the encounter, and turned the corner only to find some friendly Georgia guys (talk about from one extreme to the other!)
The rest of the day was smooth cruising. It seemed like we went long stretches without seeing any other boats.
We got excited as we approached Skidaway Island - many good memories from our visits there when Lou's parents lived at The Landings.
Then things really kicked up a notch - a couple of dolphins came to play (I got so excited I took a photo of my camera strap - even the dolphin laughed at me):
Fortunately, I did manage a few decent shots without falling overboard.
We could go on about the dolphins, but have to share this one with Jeannette - The Skidaway Island Bridge, bound to bring back some memories of waiting for those darn sail boats to pass through.
And, before I forget, Lou wanted this photo to share with Captain Matt -
Sorry for going on so long today ... I'll stop for now with a quick shot of our arrival at the fuel dock. Hurley helped us tie up and cheerfully sold us 450 gallons of diesel - Yikes Almighty!!! Good thing we only plan on doing this trip once every few years.
What a nice day over there Sharon and crew!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on super-beautiful dolphin-photos :) Very very nice!
The pics of Skidway Island are so pretty - brings back lots of memories for me too. Yes, we all remember the video! Hi Grandma if you're reading this! :-)
ReplyDeleteReally enjoying the blog Sharon! Say hi to Pops!
Looking at that first picture, I thought you had taken a wrong turn and ended up back in Key West.
ReplyDeleteCapt Matt
Ha - thanks for the comments. Glad you liked the dolphins, Nils.
ReplyDeleteBeth - I'm still laughing about that video.
And, Capt Matt -- lol, yeah, you could be right (but those were Key Lime Martinis, and I haven't touched one since!)