Monday, May 3, 2010

Day Three - Daytona Beach to Jacksonville Beach

We had a nice evening on Day 2, treating ourselves to another dinner at the Chart House (seem to be the only restaurants at these first two marinas). Passed on the Chocolate Lava Cake.


Started bright and early with a trip to the fuel dock. I'm not sure driving a hybrid car is going to give us enough green points for having used over 200 gallons of diesel in the first two days!





We had a smooth cruising day, not a lot of exciting photo opportunities, so I'll share a few pics of the scenery along the way:













Not much wildlife today - we saw a dolphin, but I wasn't quick enough to get a photo. The Pelicans kept an eye on us all day:





I thought we were already in New Orleans, then Lou explained that New Orleans was not on our route :)





Fortunately, these guys zoomed right on past us as we were nearing Jacksonville. We had a lot more natural terrain today - with some very pretty areas with lots of trees and marshes. It was a bit hazy, and also turned quite hot and humid as we entered Jacksonville.




We had a nice view of St. Augustine:





And, of course, I made some more friends -




I'll try to catch a few photos of Beach Marine in Jacksonville - where we are staying tonite. Let's just say, the Marina is going through some renovations ...

1 comment:

  1. Hi guys! This is pretty cool Sharon! Thanks for letting us watch your trip from afar! :-) Sounds like things are going well and the pics are really pretty. I haven't seen much north of Orlando so these are cool. Keep em coming!
    Safe travels!!

    ReplyDelete