Sunday, May 2, 2010

Day One - Palm Beach Gardens to Melbourne Fl

We stayed on the boat Friday nite, to be ready for our 6:30 am departure Saturday morning (May 1st). Thanks, Jim and Jane, for the lift to the boat and the fun Bon Voyage dinner.



Here's Promise Promise, sleeping in the slip at Loggerhead Marina for the last time, after calling this home for more than 5 years.






An early morning look at the boat with Donald Ross Bridge in the background ( I know you can't see much of the boat, but I liked the photo. I was waiting for sunrise, but Lou was going to leave without me if I didn't hurry)






Lou and Mike plotting our course ( I think that's what they are doing). We're fortunate to have Mike and his wife Jayne with us as adult supervision (I know that will make Catherine and Beth feel better ;) ) Mike has been looking after the boat for the last couple years.






It seemed like we made it to Melbourne in no time at all - once we passed Stuart, the guys had the boat cruising at 18 knots or so. We arrived safely into Melbourne Harbor Marina, and will rest here tonight, roughing it with dinner at the Chart House - a few feet from our slip.

No comments:

Post a Comment